Another week of two PGA tournaments for Fantasy Golf. The WGC Cadillac Championship at Dural and Puerto Rico Open.
The WGC Cadillac Championship is the one to watch. All the big names are in the field this week. It is really hard to pick with everyone shooting so low last Sunday at the Honda. I’m sticking with players I have picked in previous weeks.
WGC Cadillac Championship at Doral
(1) Rory McIlroy — He is the number one player in the world so how can I bet against him this week.
(2) Keegan Bradley — Bradley has been very consistent and he is from New England so I felt it was time to put him on my roster again.
(3) Rickie Fowler — One of the “golf boys.” Last time I picked a golf boy (Ben Crane) he played horribly. Let’s hope Fowler does not do the same.
(4) Charles Howell III — So he hasn’t been in the top ten since his second place finish at the Sony in January but I am hoping for a comeback into the top 10 this week.
Puerto Rico Open
The WGC events are exclusive and so it is nice that the PGA has an alternative event for all the other PGA players during the same week. This week they are in Puerto Rico! Here are my picks:
(1) Ryo Ishikawa — This player is from Japan and very popular. He is playing well and just got a sponsors exemption to play The Masters. He finished tied for 20th at The Masters in 2011. So, I’m betting on him this week.
(2) Erik Compton – This is a sentimental pick. I have to cheer for the man with the amazing off-course story (double heart transplant recipient.)
(3) James Driscoll — He has played six events and made three cuts so it is a 50/50 chance he will play the weekend. I picked him based on the fact that last year he had two top ten finishes. I’m thinking he might do well in a field that does not include the top players in the world.
(4) Graham Delaet — He missed the cut last week but again I’m going with the Canadian. Hoping my “what the heck pick of the week” will do well in this field.