This will be the last week that I have to pick players for two tournaments during the winter segment of Fantasy Golf.
Starting with the PGA tour event, the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am. My Picks are:
(1) Tiger Woods — I just feel he is going to do well this week. He had three great rounds in Abu Dhabi but in the final round Robert Rock beat him. I’m guessing Tiger is very motivated to win.
(2) D. A. Points — I had Points as a pick at the Farmers and I’m still going to go with him now. Plus he won this tournament last year. I don’t expect Points to win because it is difficult for defending champions to win the next year. Even thought I do not expect him to win, I am betting he will do well.
(3) Bud Cauley — He was my first rookie pick this year and the only reason I did not pick him last week was because he was in the same group as D.A. Points. So, I’m going back to Cauley. I will keep my eye on Harris English (the rookie that did well for me last week).
(4) James Driscoll — I picked Driscoll because he tied for 13th place last year at Pebble Beach. He is my “what the heck” pick this week. I’m also hoping the fact he has played the course before will help him.
Now for the European tour — The Omega Dubai Desert Classic.
(1) Rory McIlroy — He is my favorite European player and he has done well so far this year. I expect him to win this weekend.
(2) Branden Grace — He won the first two events of the 2012 European tour so that is why I picked him. I’m giving him another chance even though he did not do well in Abu Dhabi.
(3) Stephen Gallacher — New to my roster. Again, it is hard to pick players in group 3 and 4 because the majority of players in these groups are not known entities (at least not for me.) Gallacher was 10th last year in Dubai so that is why I picked him. I’m hoping he will have another top 10 this year.
(4) Ricardo Gonzalez — New to my roster. He was tied for fifth place last week in Qatar and he was tied for 20th at Dubai last year. These are fair scores for a player in group 4 and that is why I picked him.
Honestly, I’m glad this is the last week for picking players in a European event because the ladies tour starts and I’d like to focus more on the LPGA in the next few weeks.