Once again I have to pick four players in both the PGA Tour and the European Tour. This time it is for the Waste Management Phoenix Open and the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters. I thought I would be nice and give the sponsor names. Does anyone really care? Yes, sponsors do. Actually, sponsors are important but that is a topic for another day. On to my predictions…
Picks for the Waste Management Phoenix Open
(1) Web Simpson — I had him as a pick for Sony and he didn’t do as well as I had hoped but I am giving him another chance. Why, because he is talented. He is ranked 6th in the world, 2nd in the USA, and last year in Phoenix he was in the top 10.
(2) Brandt Snedeker — He did well last week so I am keeping him on my roster.
(3) D. A. Points — This was a tough pick because he and Bud Cauley are in the same group and both did well last week. I went with Points because he tied for 8th last week and Cauley tied for 13th.
(4) Harris English — Like, Bud Cauley, English is a rookie. I did well with picking a rookie last week so I am going with one again. English has played in three tournaments and made all three cuts; so I am hoping to minimize the number of my picks that miss the cut.
Picks for Commercial Bank Qatar Masters
(1) Graeme McDowell — His nickname is G-Mac and I watched him win the US Open in 2010 so I know a bit about him. I debated between G-Mac and Sergio Garcia because they both played well last week. In fact, they both got holes-in-one on the 12th hole in Abu Dhabi. I went with G-Mac because he is ranked 5th in the European rankings (Sergio is ranked 6th).
(2) Francesco Molinari – Won in Dubai in 2010 so I thought he was a good guess.
(3) Felipe Aguilar — This is my “what the heck” pick this week.
(4) David Drysdale — He came in 3rd in the Joburg Open last month so I’m hoping for another good showing. However, this is another big guess for me.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed that my picks do well this week.